The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
• How can one influence positive changes in social behavior?
• What prejudices are people taught?
• What is a person’s responsibility for his or her own actions?
• How are people products of society?
1. Man can be inhuman toward his fellow man. (morality)
2. Society’s values and laws can be in conflict with higher moral values. (hypocrisy of society)
3. People must live outside of society to be truly free. (freedom)
4. Growth of self occurs through close, honest observation of society and the individual. (maturity)
5. Gullible people are partially responsible for their own deception. (superstition, ignorance)